ISO 28000 standards specifies the requirements for a supply chain security management system, linking security management to many other aspects of business management. For organisations working within, or relying on, the logistics industry, certification to the ISO 28000:2007 supply chain management standard provides a valuable framework. It will help minimise the risk of security incidents and so help provide problem-free 'just in time' delivery of goods and supplies. ISO 28000 standard sets in place mechanisms and processes to address security vulnerabilities at strategic and operational levels, as well as establish preventive action plans. ISO 28000 is suitable for all sizes and types of organisation that are involved in purchasing, manufacturing, service, storage, transportation and/or sales processes, and wish to implement and maintain a secure management system for its supply chain.
Vital Certifications is at the leading edge of supply chain security management system certification. We have experience of security assessments gained from carrying out audits of many exporters, warehouses & ICD's.
Key Elements of ISO 28000 certification
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve a security management system.
- Assure conformance with security management policy
- Demonstrate such conformance
- Seek certification/registration of conformance by an accredited third-party organisation
- Make a self-determination and self-declaration of conformance with ISO 28000.
Benefits of ISO 28000 Certification
- Allows security to be managed as a process so that the effectiveness of security
management can be measured and improved;
- Allows management to focus resources and efforts on areas with high-risk concerns (through
a security risk assessment);
- Allows management to benchmark its security management efforts with international
- Demonstrates to stakeholders the commitment to enforce a systematic security management.