HACCP stands for - Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. HACCP system that includes a series of procedures for process control and sensitive points in the food chain, with the ultimate aim that the consumer uses the food in the state and in a manner that will be safe for his health.
HACCP system in seventies became recognized as an international standard for food production. The certification process for HACCP is similar to any other certification schemes.
This process is divided into 5 steps:
- Preparation of HACCP
- Development of HACCP plan
- Implementation of HACCP plan
- HACCP certification - the system by the international certification body
- Maintenance and monitoring of the HACCP system
- The implementation of hazard analysis
- Determine Critical Control Points (CCP). For each risk identified.
- Establishing critical limits, maximal and / or minimum value, by which biological, chemical and
physical hazards in order to control the pedagogical prevention.
- Determination of procedures / processes for monitoring CCPs
- Determination of corrective measures in case the monitoring shows that the CCP is not within
the critical limits.
- Establish procedures / processes for verification and certification procedures and the HACCP
system is effective and it works well. The verification activities should be included authorized
persons employed in production, the HACCP team.
- The establishment and effective management of records and documents